domingo, 31 de janeiro de 2010

A program that works

Today's thought from Hazelden is:

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Men and women come into this program defeated by their affliction, often given up by doctors and others as hopeless. They admit that they are helpless to conquer their affliction. When I see these people acquire serenity and stay rational over a period of months and years, I know that this program works. The changes I see in people who come into the program not only convinces me that it works but also convinces me that there must be a Power greater than ourselves that helps us change. Am I convinced that a Higher Power can help me to change and remain so?

MEDITATION FOR THE DAY

Cooperation with God is the great necessity for our lives. All else follows naturally. Guidance is bound to come to us as we live more and more with God, and as our consciousness becomes more attuned to the way of the universe. We must have many quiet times when we acknowledge our need to be led and feel God's presence. New spiritual growth comes naturally from cooperation with God.

PRAYER FOR THE DAY

I pray that God may supply me with strength and show me the direction in which I am to grow. I pray that these things may come naturally from my cooperation with my higher power.


Nenhum comentário: